Friday, July 31, 2009

Harry Crossman (Crosman) Continued

I spent some more time today, wrapping up the data mine from the Harry Crossman Obit. He was born 1 Nov 1853 in Henry Co., Ohio. He married Annie Irene Weaver on 24 Jan 1875. They had four children. Two were mentioned by name in the obit, and the other two died in infancy. I found the couple and three of their children buried in the Cole Cemetery that was mentioned in the Obit. The younger girls were named Olive (Ollie) E, Florence, and Mary A. The oldest daughter was married: Julia Mary Crosman. was also buried in Cole with her husband. I obtained census information to substantiate all of the family data quite well, and also all of the cemetery info. I'd like to get more detailed cemetery records if there are any. Everything is well sourced in NFS, and I've kept scanned copies of the obit, censuses. (there weren't any tombstone pictures.)

I'll also need better sourcing to tie the Harrison I found with his dates to the Harrison that is shown in the will for Asa Crossman. I presume them to be the same since he follows the same migratory pattern as Asa from NY to Henry, OH; and his obit mentions his family moving from NY. The censuses also all show him being born in NY. I just haven't sourced the link as well as I ought to have for original research.

I can still do some work investigating the spouses of Julia and Ollie, and their children, if any. Julia died 6 years before Harry (per the obit) and there isn't mention on any children. Ollie shows up living with her parents single in the 1920 census (Henry, OH), but isn't with them in the 1930 Census. I know her married name is Price (she is also buried in Cole), but her husband isn't buried there, and there isn't a death date in the tombstone transcriptions. I'll need to get the cemetery records to get her death date. I'll also have to re-comb the 1930 census to see if I can find her there. There shouldn't be too many Ollie's in the area, and we'll hope she hasn't moved to far. Also see if she has any children. If none of Harry's girls had any children, then that whole family branch has no proginy to carry on the work.

Harry's wife, Annie Irene Weaver, and her brother, mentioned in the obit linked up nicely with the same family that already had work done in NFS. They were combined and I'll abandon that family since it's getting a little far from my core and leave it to the original researcher (paschristiansen5568646) who obviously has more info on the Weaver Clan.

[The obit was sent to me by a genealogist in Arkansas who had found the obit in her families records, and she found me asking questions online about the Crossman's. She sent it to me knowing it would help me, and asking for some help on some other Henry County families that I didn't have any record of. Without this key info I don't think I'd have had much luck working up this whole family.]

No comments:

Post a Comment